riding a wave of conciousness breathing exercise
September 7, 2009 Leave a comment
A simple Breathing exercise ….
- I make sure my neck back and hips are ina comfortable posture.
- I close my eyes
2. I breathe normally and naturally.
3. I start placing my minds attention on my belly as it rises and falls with my breath
- during this time I simply breathe, make no effort to change my breath.
- I am simply witnessing my belly and breath, hiccups and changes.
4. After time I move my attention to my breath
- …witnessing the breath and nothing else
- ...as if my breath were a wave my consciousness is riding.
- if I catch my mind wondering on other thoughts , I gently bring it back to breath.
5.. and then my I here my alarm clock blaring and its time to get up for work.
This Breathing exercise is a good for insomnia, killing boredom, stress relief, or just relaxing.
Sometimes I will have very vivid dreams after doing exercises before going to bed. but this an easy one to do and I feel better afterwards.
Its also a helpful aid in learning to relax when naturally breathing and meditating.
aah just typing this is just making me sleepy …
I’m sure reading this may induce drowsiness as well.
Further reading and posts relevant to this one: