Wise quotes for Empirical thinking
February 1, 2012 2 Comments
Thinking empirically is deriving knowledge and assumptions from experience, experiment, and perceptual evidence. Its thinking for practice and use in the real world.
Here are some Wise Quotes for empirical thinking by some very smart men:
“In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.“
— Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
…science without ethics is sociopathology.
To say, “I’ll apply what I know regardless of the outcome” is to take absolutely no responsibility for your actions.
1. Out of clutter find simplicity
2. from discord find harmony
3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity
(three rules for work).
Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
Keep it simple, stupid.
Truth happens to an idea.
(source: “The Meaning of Truth” by William James)
Other posts with wise quotes:
- Pot of Wisdom Quotes
- Some Famous Quotes (on individuality and experience)
- Wisdom Quotes in Time for Easter
- Baseball zen master Yogi Berra