A practical definition of self
July 12, 2016 Leave a comment
Boot_strapping it — Getting a sense of one’s
practical self and Core —
“In the widest sense possible, mans Self: is the sum total of all he can call his,
not only body and psychic powers, but his clothes and his house, his wife and children, his ancestors and his friends,his reputations and works, his lands and his horses, and yacht and bank account. All these things give him the same emotions.
I would narrow my definition of “self” to:
a constructed organization or gestalt of mind/ body, that may include an integration of:
- Interests – likes, dislikes, concerns
- Values – principles, ideas held as important and meaningful
- Beliefs – that which I hold true
- Sex, Gender, and orientation
- Strengths and limitations (real and perceived)
- basic needs , capacities and drives.
View original post 563 more words