March 2, 2017 Leave a comment
Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked.
__Viktor Emil Frankl
To me: A personal or subjective experience in definition. for something to be “Meaningful” it must hold Value and– in my relationship with this something or someone, concept, goal, object, human or life-fom, I must “esteem” it to be more value in comparison to other somethings in a context, landscape or gestalt.
respect for or a high opinion of someone
Admiration for someone or something that you believe has good ideas or qualities.
the importance or worth of something for someone
how useful or important something is
- meaningful… description of information, that is:
- that is formed out of background of discord
- that is relative: relative to a topic, study, paradigm, “game” , time-space location, happening, or world- view.
- that is defined in language, symbols or gesture,
- that is prioritized in importance – intellectually and emotionally.
- meaninglessness: information that is not meaningful and therefore remains, or is relegated to the background.
I have reworked a task/todo sheet
Visible here: Value Building Exercise Example Page .
to be a simple exercise in thinking about Value and then about Meaning.
the instructions are at the bottom of the page linked above.
Click on the links or picture Above for downloads.
Have a meaningful Day!